Sunday, August 13, 2006

Time Management 101

According to my new schedule I should be in bed. I have a 12 hour shift tomorrow plus laundry and a common room floor to clean. Did I mention my 2 year old is claiming revenge on me. That's right. I am falling short on how fast and frequent I can produce sugar and the Dora da splorer products.


But back to being in bed. I don't want to go to bed. I want to finish off the rum in my freezer from two Christmas's ago. I want to read blogs about atheism and watch comedy hour and dream about starting a mother sports Saturday, since all the soccer fields, tennis, and basket ball courts are right next to a play ground, Women in the hood' can join in for games and our kids can watch at the playground. When we are on the bench, we will be watching the kids climb the monkey bars.

But really, I gotta do this. I only have Saturday with my kid. And as I stroll by the field and schools I see the men out there producin' there endorphins while my kid screams to go play on the slide. " No we can't, we gotta get bandaids, T.P. and laundry detergent. We'll stop by there after the library."

Damn I forgot the laundry detergent trying to pry you from that damn Garfield in a convertable dollar ride with all its flashy lights.

Our Saturday sucked. I took her on a boat cruise. She just wanted to spit in the water to distract me from her eventual huckin' her whole body into the water. Kids just want to let loose. And so do I. We have that in common.

My daughter is really amazing though. She can sit through 3 hour meetings of juvenille bureaucrats. Children want to play with other kids. They want to see action. You take them to a mall, any active mind can only interact in the possible avenue that is available. To want.

This post is really to declare my intentiont to start the women/kid sport day. In an effort to save everyone's sanity and to have some fun. Shopping isn't a pastime. I hope I can get enough agreement with this. She can't make a basket...yet.

1 Comments:

Blogger Impulsivecompulsive said...

Sports day, hey? I'm not sure I'm on board with you on that one: Never been keen on the whole "team sport" thing. Not my style, that.

10:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home